More than a Scholarship: Scholarships, Education, Compensation and Commitment
T.E.A.C.H. is a research based comprehensive strategy to educate and retain early childhood practitioners, positively impacting outcomes for the children in their care. The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Program began in 1990 in North Carolina as a small pilot program providing a single comprehensive scholarship model to 21 early childhood teachers and has grown to providing scholarships in 23 states across the country. T.E.A.C.H.is a proven effective strategy through its use of four key elements: Scholarships, Education, Compensation and Commitment.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® TEXAS provides scholarships for those working in licensed child care centers and registered or licensed family child care homes in Texas. The goals of T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® are:
- To provide educational scholarship opportunities for people working in regulated child care centers and family child care homes;
- To increase the knowledge base of early childhood professionals working with young children‚ thus improving the care these children receive;
- To encourage child care programs to support the continuing education of their staff;
- To provide increased compensation that is directly related to increased education;
- To reduce staff turnover by supporting the above goals while also requiring from participants a specified time commitment to their sponsoring program after their scholarship year;
- To provide a sequential professional development path for teachers and family child care home providers currently in the field;
- To create a model of partnership for improving the quality of care that children in child care programs receive.
Download the T.E.A.C.H. Texas Brochure Here
Questions about T.E.A.C.H.Texas, click here.
Since 2011 T.E.A.C.H. Texas has been able to provide 900 scholarships and impacted more than 9,500!
T.E.A.C.H. Texas Advisory Committee
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood ® TEXAS CONTACT INFORMATION
Address: P.O. Box 4997, Austin, TX 78765-4997
T.E.A.C.H. Counselor Darleta McKinnis-Weems: firstname.lastname@example.org
T.E.A.C.H. Texas Program Director Megan Burk: email@example.com