Healthy Child Care Texas is a state initiative dedicated to promoting optimal health, safety, nutrition, and development for children in out of home child care programs while training Child Care Health Consultants and offering other means of support.
May 1st - 3rd 2017
What is a Child Care Health Consultant?
A Child Care Health Consultant is a trained professional who offers consultation, training, and technical assistance to child care centers and home-based programs to support and promote the health and safety of children, families, and child care providers.
What does a Child Care Health Consultant do?
- Reviewing and creating health and safety policies and procedures
- Providing training on health, safety, nutrition, mental health and medication administration
- Identifying community resources
- Helping families find a medical home
- Assisting with inclusion of children with special needs
- Reviewing child and staff files for current immunizations
- Conducting safety assessments of playgrounds and indoor space
What does the training require?
- Attend the 3 day in-person training
- Complete the 10 week distant learning curriculum
When, Where, How Much and How do I apply?
- May 1st - 3rd, 2017 in Pasadena Texas
- San Jacinto College Central Campus 8060 Spencer Hwy. Pasadena, Texas 77505
- $75 per person, include training materials and lunch
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or Health Sciences with experience working with children and families
- Deadline for Submitting Application is April 7, 2017
For more information, call 512-215-8142 or email email@example.com