Purposes and Goals of the TAEYC Conference
The goal of the TAEYC annual conference is to provide an annual gathering of the membership “to provide opportunities for professional growth and to broaden public awareness on early care and education issues affecting the lives of children and their families.”
Purposes of the Conference are to provide the participants with opportunities to:
- become aware and to promote the implementation of proactive advocacy strategies;
- communicate to the general public the needs and interest of young children and the professionals who work with them.
- grow professionally through educational experiences designed to serve their varied professional needs and interests
- enjoy dialogue and fellowship with other TAEYC members and non-members and early childhood professionals who share common concerns and goals.
- develop the leadership skills necessary for operating viable local, state, regional and national affiliates; and
- conduct the business of the association through the annual membership meetings as well as board and committee meetings and activities